Versatile and Inspiring Blogger Awards: A two-fer
You know who gave me this? Well you should. It’s Disorderly Chickadee, and she’s smart, well spoken, writes like the dickens (not THE Dickens – fewer orphans).
There’s rules to these things. Nominate 7 other bloggers (or 10 or 15) and also talk about myself (’cause I don’t do that enough). So here ya go (yes I’m cheating by combining the awards into one post. I’m sleepy and pissy today so you’ll have to effing deal).
7 things that I won’t blog about…but if I mention them here, that’s blogging about them…so my head just exploded from paradox.
1) My head explodes from paradoxi
2) I had a mullet in grade school. Grade 7 I think. It’s mercifully blocked from my memory.
3) I wanted to change my name to Danni Taylor when I was 11. My taste and judgement haven’t improved much since then.
4) I’m still wearing pyjamas at 3:21 in the afternoon, and I’ll do it again, dammit.
5) I don’t give a damn about hockey, and they’ve threatened to take my Canadian citizenship away.
6) I do love Tim Horton’s coffee, so they let me keep my citizenship.
7) I’ve jumped out of a perfectly good plane.
8) I can’t count very well.
As for nominating others: The number of other bloggers I need to nominate in order to accept this award varies, so I’ll just pick a bunch of versatile and/or inspiring faves. Oh, and I have to let them know about it. I’ll do that.
1) Broken Light Collective: Versatile AND Inspiring Blogger Awards ~ A blog for all levels of photographers who have been touched my mental health issues (either as sufferers or as caregivers/loved ones). Lots of topics, lots of great photos. Just starting out. Check it.
2) TMS Therapy: Versatile Blogger Award ~ The creator of BLC (above) and talks about a barrel of including, but not limited to, depression, multiple therapies, and photography.
3) Veggiewich: Versatile AND Inspiring Blogger Awards ~ She’s vegan, she’s spunky, she’s a frickin’ homeschooler. She’s brave enough to talk about her own struggles, and generous enough to share her delicious recipes. Just go.
4) Uncle in the Attic: Inspiring Blogger Award ~ He writes honestly, and with humour (actually humor, since he’s a Yank). He has a horse names Trigger, but not in the way you’d think. The attic may or may not be a metaphor. I can’t decide. I’m not brave enough to read all the posts he is brave enough to write.
5) Baby Book for Me: Inspiring Blogger Award ~ Her blog is a souvenir of sorts. Documenting the life of her kids as the days melt into weeks, months, years. She reminds me that I love my kids and will (someday) miss their early years.
6) Come On, Mr. Sunshine: Versatile AND Inspiring Blogger Award ~ She does pop culture a favour with her blog. Lots of topics from T-shirts to Haikus. She inspires me by using words like “mayhaps” and being her irreverent self.
7) Deep Fried Balls: Inspiring Blogger Award ~ Don’t pretend FOR ONE SECOND that the name alone isn’t worth a follow. Also, sincere and human recounts of her life after divorce, as a single mama, and all the messy weirdness and loving bits in between.
8) A Clown on Fire: Versatile AND Inspiring Blogger Award ~ OK, he’s my husband. And he’s received these awards already, but I want him to know that I am publicly telling y’all that he inspires me. He’s prolific, unabashed, and funny. Nothing is safe or sacred over there. He’s got serious ovaries.
9) The Adventures of Transman: Inspiring Blogger Award ~ A dude who gave birth to his own kids, and writes honestly. He knows his weaknesses and is not afraid to acknowledge them, even if he’s not ready to write them out. I could learn from this guy.
There. Take ‘em or leave ‘em. Pass these .jpgs around or don’t. Either way, rock on with your bad selves.
p.s. If I didn’t nominate you it’s because you already have these things or you hate these things or I forgot or I got tired or the pills are heavy today. But don’t worry, I like you.
ADDENDUM: Just found this blog through Living With Bipolar. You MUST go check out Depression Comix. Sooooooooo gooooood. And anyone who’s ever been stuck in the muck or tangled with The Dark will get it. I nominate him/her/them for the Inspiring Blogger Award.